Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Kids Will Be All Right

I’ve said it before and I’m going to say it again: I can always count on Rich Young, the Clyde to my Bonnie, to bestow upon me a gem of truth and knowledge. He has got to be one of the smartest people I know. Let me bless ya’ll with this real quick as I have been so blessed…
“That’s the thing about a sequel, I don’t subscribe to them because they are never as good as the original”
Genius, right?!? Like pure, unfiltered, straight up and down genius. I thought about this hours after my conversation with Rich ended and it just makes so much sense.

I have found that at many moments in my life I have been tricked back into loving someone that I once loved before. And each time I find that things fall apart faster than they did to begin with.

 I anxiously purchase my $12 ticket to see the anticipated Part II even though the previews didn’t look that great and the critics all bashed the plot and the cast. The initial reconnect is always amazing as I am brought back to a place where my memories reside. I am overcome with the same elation and excitement that I felt with the first date, the first kiss, and the first touch. I wrap myself in sweet sweet memories and my mind is fucked into believing that I can recreate these precious moments that I hold so close to my heart. But it never ends up working that way as reality begins to set in and I remove the rose colored glasses and see what is really in front of me. It’s almost like I am holding onto sand. My grip is so tight that my joints begin to ache but no matter how hard I try it just slips through my fingers anyway. Desperate attempts to relive a time in my life when I was happy and when I felt like I was in love and when I felt like I was being loved back. But that’s never what part deux really is. It’s always a mind trick by a man that knows how to manipulate my emotions and knows how to trick me into bed and knows how to maintain me and how to pretend to love me. Is it my fault for being stupid and for allowing myself to be vulnerable? Is it my fault for purchasing the ticket to “Chacha’s Failed Love Life” II in 3D? Maybe. Maybe not. But I do know that history has proven the sequel is never ever EVER as good as the original. Sometimes it might just be better to reminisce in the past for a few good moments out of your day and then move forward with life. Progress ya'll. Just keep that in mind and proceed with caution and the kids should be all right.

XOXO,

CHACHA

No comments:

Post a Comment